blogaboutstudent worklesson blogsmoodleyou tubepinterestflickr

Wednesday 9 March 2011

BACK TO THE FUTURE


Irina Werning has re-created moments from the past by using the same faces and places, just completely re-created 20, 30 or 40 years later. The attention to detail is impressive. The images are charismatic and dynamic in their stillness. Not just with the wardrobe and set, but with film, stock, blur, image damage etc. The self-described "obsessive" Argentinian says:

"I love old photos. I admit being a nosey photographer. As soon as I step into someone else's house, I start sniffing for them. Most of us are fascinated by their retro look but to me, it's imagining how people would feel and look like if they were to reenact them today.. A few months ago, I decided to actually do this. So, with my camera, I started inviting people to go back to their future."

To see the rest of this series from Irina's work, please visit her site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment